How do I get the Child and Dependent Care Credit?

In order to claim the Child and Dependent Care credit, you must have:
• Paid for care in 2023 for a qualifying child under the age of 13, or a spouse or dependent unable to care for themselves.
• Needed this care in order to work or look for work yourself. In a two-parent household, both spouses must have been working or looking for work (or a full-time student).
When filing a tax return, you will need to report the amount you paid, as well as the care provider's name, Employer Identification Number (EIN), and address. If your child care was provided by an individual, you'll need their name, Social Security Number, and address.
You can claim these credit by filing a 2023 tax return through our GetYourRefund full service.

How helpful was this answer?